You report to work, skipping all the way, to care for the health and wellness of dogs, cats, horses, cattle, and various exotic pets as veterinary technician SUPERHERO! You are passionate about doing superhero veterinary work for amazing clients and savor the feeling of saving the day. Each. And. Every. Day.
A day in the life:
- You communicate powerfully, often using references to movies or YouTube videos and making amazing analogies for client education. Training is available in the analogy area.
- You are disciplined, focused and professional. Like Bruce Wayne. With flair.
- You’re a long-term thinker. You already have a plan to increase heart-worm awareness and clinic productivity without having to use Jedi-mind tricks.
- You lead by example. Encouraging support staff to catch up on lines from catchy movies and viral memes. And also showing up for work on-time, with passion and excitement.
- You love being a team member. Avengers, or Justice League, you’re excited to have Wonder-woman in the exam room with you while Thor is running lab work.
- You probably should be able to lift 50lbs or more, for the time that crazy-calver cow comes in. Cody Creel would be impressed at your bovine prowess (go ahead and google him now if you don't know).
- Our level of cleanliness is inversely related to that of famous TV veterinarians. You can eat off our floors without boosting your immune system first. Just sayin.
Some responsibilities include: Anesthesia monitoring, placing IV/jugular catheters, drawing blood, interpreting/running lab work, small animal/avian/pocket pet restraint, urinary catheters, cattle handling and care, equine restraint, administering SQ, IM and IV injections, prescription refills, radiology positioning, assisting in surgery, dental xrays/cleanings and simple extractions, sterility, hospital cleanliness, cold laser therapy treatments, maintaining medical records and client education.
Final thoughts and closing remarks:
In all seriousness, we have a wonderful opportunity for you! Our team, our culture, our technology and our clientele are the best. We live in a small, family-oriented community with great values. We are a three doctor mixed animal practice. We like to work hard, and play hard. Family and taking care of others like they’re our family is how we roll. We’re so excited to grow into the future with you!