Tufts University Cumming School of Veterinary Medicine is accepting applications for a two-year extracorporeal renal replacement therapy and interventional endourology fellowship. The fellowship is designed to provide training in all aspects of extracorporeal therapies and interventional medicine and to provide assistance in maintaining these specialty areas and develop research projects within the Department. The fellowship will prepare the candidate for an academic career in these disciplines. The applicant should be someone who has completed a residency in internal medicine and is either board certified or board eligible in either ACVIM (SAIM) or ECVIM. This position will join 6 faculty in the department, along with 7 residents, and 8 specialty medicine technicians. We are seeking a candidate who is committed to excellent patient care and shares an enthusiastic dedication for teaching of our students, technicians, interns and residents. Anticipated percentage allocations for this position are 70% clinical service and 30% academic time.
Training will occur at the Foster Hospital for Small Animals in North Grafton, MA, which is approximately 40 miles west of Boston. Approximately 70% of the time will be spent in internal medicine on the Renal Service, where the fellow will devote the majority of her/his time to small animal nephrology/urology with some consultations in the Hospital for Large Animals. The remaining 30% of the time will be divided into specialty training at continuing education procedures laboratories, CE meetings and research time. Emergency duties are shared with the Renal Faculty and SAIM residents (currently 7 residents). Participation in a research project is expected. The salary for the position is $90,000. A benefits package including health insurance is also provided. In addition, the program includes three weeks for annual leave.
The position is available starting August 1, 2020. An initial review of applications will begin after December 1, 2019, but the search will continue until a suitable candidate is identified. Applicants should submit a letter of intent outlining their interests, experience, and qualifications; a current curriculum vitae; and the names of three professional references via Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/69416.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Mary Anna Labato at email@example.com
* Tufts University is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer.
Completion of residency in internal medicine
Board certified or board eligible in either ACVIM (SAIM) or ECVIM
About Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University
The Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University, the Foster Hospital for Small Animals and the Hospital for Large Animals are located in North Grafton, MA and are part of the Cummings Veterinary Medical Center, which serves the New England region.