Waterford Lakes Animal Hospital located in sunny Orlando, FL is seeking an experienced Managing Veterinarian to join our team!
Do you have the desire to lead a dynamic team of veterinary professionals whose goal is to provide the highest level medicine? Waterford Lakes Animal Hospital is a well-established full service small animal practice providing well rounded veterinary care to our community since 2003. With a strong focus on client education our happy team of veterinary professionals’ partner together to offer an exceptional experience. Don’t take our word for it; check out what our clients are saying about the team at Waterford Lakes Animal Hospital! https://www.facebook.com/pg/waterfordlakesvet
5 full-time associate veterinarians
Fully equipped surgical suite including surgical laser
Basic & advanced dentistry equipment including digital dental radiology
Digital radiology suite
Abaxis in-house laboratory equipment as well as an abundance of reference labs available
Advanced pain management including therapeutic laser
Large boarding facility
Strong partnerships with the surrounding veterinary community including specialty & emergency facilities
For more information about Waterford Lakes Animal Hospital please visit our website at
The Managing DVM is responsible for providing medical leadership for the hospital, managing associate veterinarians and assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine. The Managing DVM is also responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine is delivered.
In partnership with the Hospital Manager, the Managing DVM is responsible for the financial performance of the hospital, preparing operating and capital budgets, and meeting budget expectations. In addition, the Hospital Manager and Managing DVM are responsible for directing staff and the overall management of the practice, under the direction of NVA Divisional Leadership.
Advancing Medical Care
· Maintains and improves quality of medical and surgical procedures.
· Answers client questions and concerns regarding medical and surgical procedures.
· Oversight and direction of medical standards and quality of care.
· Establishment of medical protocols.
· Recommendation of hospital inventory.
· Assure current licensure of all DVMs.
· Documents the required hours of continuing education credits per calendar year and CE completion.
· Oversees transfer of medical cases from doctor to doctor.
· Diagnostic ultrasound experience preferred
Leading Staff and Practice
· Participates in the recruiting and interviewing process for DVMs, and when appropriate general staff members.
· Monitors DVM performance and production.
· Prepares DVM work schedules.
· Develops and monitors hospital-specific client compliance protocols and procedures.
· Participates in technician appraisal and counseling sessions by relaying appropriate information to the Hospital Manager.
· Partners with the Hospital Manager to make hiring and termination recommendations...
· Supports the Hospital Manager in the development and delivery of staff training programs.
· Creates a positive work environment and works with the Hospital Manager to resolve staff problems, concerns, and conflicts.
· In partnership with the Hospital Manager, develops a workplace conductive to high employee morale, ensuring positive working relationships between clients, doctors and staff.
· Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories.
· In partnership with the Hospital Manager, is responsible for the financial performance of the hospital including revenue and hospital contribution growth, which includes managing all hospital expenses.
· With the hospital team and supported by the Divisional Leadership, prepares an annual planning matrix, operating budget and capital budget.
· Takes ownership for the revenue and success of the practice by monitoring key financial reports.
Growing the Practice
· Partners with the Hospital Manager to drive patient visits and community involvement.
· Capable of championing change and driving innovative programs in the hospital.
· Monitors client service, marketing, and NVA growth initiatives
· In partnership with the Hospital Manager, continually looks for ways to innovate operational practices that improve the growth of the practice.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics
· The ability to delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members
· Capable of quality decision making
· The ability to coach, correct, develop, and motivate employees
· Demonstrates excellent time and task management
· Demonstrates professional and courteous presentation with staff and clients
About the Area
Sunny Florida is home to award winning beaches, the top theme parks, a thriving culinary scene & so much more! Waterford Lakes Animal Hospital is situated at the heart of it all! Located approximately 5 miles from the University of Central Florida, Waterford Lakes Animal Hospital is surrounded by upscale suburban communities, is minutes away from the nightlife of Downtown Orlando & a short drive to all that Orlando has to offer!
Waterford Lakes Animal Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Number: 2151
About Waterford Lakes Animal Hospital
Our Why: For the love of animals and the people who love them.
Our Mission: To improve the comfort and well-being of pets by providing progressive and compassionate care. We develop a community of animal hospitals and pet resorts that share knowledge to achieve sustainable growth.
Our Values: We value teamwork, integrity, service excellence, innovation and goal orientation.