Lake Street Animal Hospital in Roselle, IL is a companion animal hospital located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. The ideal candidate for this position is a doctor who is passionate about their work, values and thrives in the special culture of our hospital, and effectively communicates and collaborates with our existing team to provide the highest standards of care to our patients. We understand the special role a pet plays within the family and are dedicated to becoming a partner with the client in their pet's health care. We treat our patients as we would our own pets. Our goal is to provide our clients with exceptional service while practicing the highest quality medicine and surgery with compassion and an emphasis on client education. Our entire healthcare team is committed to providing personal attention to the unique concerns of each individual pet owner.
We are a 5 doctor (3FT,2 PT), progressive, and paperlite practice that offers state-of-the-art medical care
Newly expanded facility with 5 exam rooms (1 is feline exclusive), treatment area, surgery suite, dental suite & separate grooming suite
In-house laboratory capabilities via IDEXX Procyte, Snap tests, Urinalysis
We work with IDEXX referral laboratory
In-house Abdominal and Cardiac Ultrasound via GE Logiq P3
In-house Digital Radiography via IDEXX Vision & Digital Dental Radiography via Midmark VetPro & Progeny
We offer Orthopedic Surgery and Advanced Dentistry. One of our associates is in a dental residency program
Companion Therapeutic Laser
Complete pharmacy – large inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as many of the latest developments. We also utilize our on-line pharmacy for specialty compounding.
Newest version AVImark computer system with electronic medical records
Our senior doctors have a wide breadth of experience and are willing to share their knowledge and discuss caseload. They are happy to assist when asked, while encouraging new associates’ independence. We have a intense mentorship program for all new associates to assure a smooth integration into our hospital.
Only minutes away from world-class shopping, fine dining, art, sporting venues and other entertainment, Roselle provides the quality of life and sense of community usually found only in a small town, but with the convenience of a larger metropolitan area. Roselle is home to Illinois’ finest winery, Lynfred Winery, producing world class, award winning wines since 1979.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
· Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
· Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
· Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
· Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
· Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
· Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
· Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
· Manages time and tasks appropriately.
· Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
· Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.