VCA Mission San Jose Animal Hospital is seeking an experienced Associate Veterinarian to join our small animal practice in Fremont, California.
If you’re looking for your perfect vision of a neighborhood, family-centric practice, look no further! At VCA Mission San Jose, everyone knows everyone's name, clients keep coming back and everyone feels and is made to feel, like family. That feeling is not only with clients, but within the hospital itself. This really is a wonderful opportunity for the right Veterinarian.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Veterinarian, or confident new graduate able to join our fast-paced medical team in providing excellent care to our patients. The right candidate must be personable, energetic and friendly. Exotics experience would be a huge plus, but is not a limiting factor. Great interpersonal skills, a desire to help every patient every time and strong empathy are must-haves.
The hospital itself is located in the wonderful community of Fremont and comes with all the benefits of living in one of the nicest parts of the county.
The Associate Veterinarian—under the guidance of the Medical Director and with the support of the Regional Medical Director—carries out VCA’s promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal. The Associate Veterinarian educates clients on, advocates for and strives to deliver the highest quality medical, surgical, dental and nutritional diagnostics, treatment, and preventative care to companion animals.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort; recommend referral to another VCA doctor or specialist when this is likely to significantly improve the prognosis.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a prognosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, fulfill VCA requirements for attending local VCA Continuing Education meetings and complete at least 30 hours of accredited CE per year.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital and VCA in the professional community and to the general public.
VCA Mission San Jose adds value to your compensation package with the following:
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance.
- Generous CE allowance.
- Opportunity to teach and mentor.
- Life and Long Term Disability insurance
- Professional Liability coverage.
If interested in this opportunity, please click here. You will be taken to the job description on VCAJobs.com, where you can learn more and apply online.