Join The Winning Team…Team SoBran - We are an industry leader in designing professional animal care programs, managing animal facilities, and providing high quality technical support for laboratory animal research projects. At SoBran, we care about people. SoBran's success hinges on our employees. We maintain a professional environment and ensure that our people have the tools and training to achieve; and opportunities for learning and advancement. Our employees' individual talents contribute to our success! We thank you for your interest in SoBran.
SoBran, Inc. is seeking an Animal Care Technician II to serve at our facility in the Los Angeles, California area.
OVERVIEW: Responsibilities of this position are that of an Animal Caretaker II. These responsibilities include all activities required for the proper care and maintenance of on-site animals. This person is expected to be familiar with the day-to-day activities, personnel and issues within the facility. We expect the Animal Caretaker II to be forward thinking, create, and assist in developing plans to enhance the learning abilities and performance of the staff working on this contract. The Animal Caretaker II will assist the Facility Manager in the efficient allocation of the budget and develop and maintain an effective relationship with the staff. Will provide research technical support in the animal facility by:
- Understanding and following all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality Assurance Standards
- Performing daily animal health surveillance checks and report any abnormal conditions to the veterinary technician
- Disposing of waste from the facility following appropriate SOPs
- Changing animal caging, to include feed and water, according to SOP's and/or specific approved protocols and the schedule established
- Sexes and weans animals according to SOP's
- Maintaining daily animal census sheets, room equipment's and status form sheets, and other forms requested by the floor supervisor
- Cleaning and sanitizing animal facility and assigned rooms according to SOP's
- Performing routine maintenance on animal caging and support equipment
- Receiving, examining, transferring, identifying, and properly housing incoming animal shipments according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Assisting with the restraint, handling and manipulation of various animal species as requested by the investigators
- Assisting in ANY contract related activity as assigned by Facility Manager or complete daily assignments
- Routinely handling and disposing of hazardous (bio hazardous, radiological, or chemical) materials in a safe manner
- Collecting swabs to monitor room sanitation
- Performing other duties under supervision, as assigned
Required Schedule: All employees are expected to perform their duties as assigned, arrive to work at 6:00 am (or 7:00 am) and depart at 3:00 pm (or 4:00 pm) M-F. Weekend work is required as necessary. Weekend hours are Sat/Sun for 2.5 hours per day.