We are seeking a Practice Manager for our highly successful, client focused, very busy small animal practice. This position reports directly to the owners and works with the Managing Veterinarian and Leadership Team to provide operational oversight for the practice. The Hospital Manager is a leader and an integral member of the veterinary hospital management team. The Hospital Manager partners with the Managing Veterinarian to provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs while creating a hospital culture based on high quality patient care and exceptional customer service. Responsibilities include managing, planning, and coordinating the overall operations of the hospital, and cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Leadership and Planning
- Acts as a champion for change and identifies, documents, shares, promotes, and implements best practices.
- Participates in the planning and budget maintenance process.
- Establishes goals for the practice and staff.
- Creates the hospital schedule and manages labor costs to budget.
- Provides an environment that promotes the competency of employees.
- Directly and in conjunction with the owners: recruits, interviews, and hires staff. Mediates staff personnel problems, maintains employment policies and contracts, and may act to help maintain and supervise medical protocols.
- The purpose of the hospital manager/administrator is to serve the owners of the practice in establishing and reaching the goals and policies they desire.
- Oversees employee benefits program and hospital insurance plans.
- Develops and implements hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OSHA compliance.
- Monitors computer systems and works with IT support to resolve technical systems/equipment issues.
- Maintains employment policies, employee manual, and hospital manuals.
- Ensures that clinical expectations and requirements are at the forefront of all operational decisions related to facilities expansion, facilities maintenance, equipment, supply and inventory management and information technology support.
- Prepares reports for monthly partners meeting. Attends meetings.
- Prepares end of year reports.
- Audits activities, evaluates charges, audits results and oversees and coordinates clinical activities to improve and grow the hospital.
- Maintains or causes to be maintained - Drug Logs, Laboratory Logs, any paperwork needed for the purposes of lawfully practicing veterinary medicine.
- Partners with the Managing Veterinarian to address staffing needs including hiring, training, reviewing, and disciplining of staff. Accomplishes optimal staffing to assure maximum productivity and service.
- Implements performance-based incentive and rewards and recognition programs.
- Manages staff. Maintains employee motivation and structures continuing education for support staff personnel.
- Assures that personnel are properly trained for their position.
- Manages employee benefits and employee relations through collaboration, supervision and direction of Human Resources.
- Tracks and maintains current licenses for all DVMs.
- Prepares, oversees and guarantees accurate and timely employees schedules, PTO approval, payroll and ongoing feedback and disciplinary follow through in collaboration with the Clinical Managers and Human Resources.
- Works closely with team leaders to demonstrate, reinforce and improve the highest level of client/patient service
- Resolves client issues and escalations, and oversees client follow-up communication.
- Drives client visits through strategic client communication and local marketing efforts (i.e. Community).
- Supports front desk activities that include admissions, client/patient rooming, client invoicing, payment/Care Credit transactions, client departure activities and client questions related to services or billing.
- Oversees the building and equipment maintenance and housekeeping standards.
- Manages Human Resources and ensures payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff.
- Manages accounts receivable, collection accounts and cash on hand, including performing invoice audit reviews.
- Manages hospital inventory and controls facility and administrative costs.
- Performs other duties essential to the performance of the hospital as assigned.
- Prepares and manages the annual medical and activities budget.
- Handles daily deposit preparation.
- Works closely with book keeper to create budgets and address practice growth capabilities.
- Developing and accomplishing a hospital marketing program.
- Heads marketing and outreach activities, community events, Facebook and on-line/social media visibility.
- Maintains, improves, upkeeps webpage and its components (on-line store, SEO, other).
Education and/or Experience:
- HS diploma, College Degree
- Two or more years of Human Resources and/or administrative experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Practice management, or a related field is a plus.
- 1 - 3 years Veterinary Practice Management experience is required.
- Certified Veterinary Practice Manager (CVPM) encouraged.
- Registered/Licensed Veterinary Technician is a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits for full time position.
Want more information - visit www.indianheadanimalhospital.com