Camboro Veterinary Hospital located near Erie, PA is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice! (up to $50,000 sign-on/retention bonus)
Camboro Veterinary Hospital is located in Northwestern Pennsylvania just 15 miles south of the City of Erie (pop. 102,000) and beautiful Lake Erie and Presque Isle State Park. Our 7,000 square foot modern hospital provides primary, referral and limited emergency services with full service all night emergency services provided by the Northwest PA Pet Emergency Center.
More information and a virtual tour visit http://www.Camboro.com.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
Founded in 1952 with over 6 decades of providing superior, compassionate care to the Tri-State’s area pets.
6 Doctors with over 160 years of experience. Our doctors enjoy the ability to choose their areas of special interest. These include Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Dentistry, Dermatology, Laser Surgery, Adipose Stem Cell Medicine, Exotic, Avian, Ferret and Pocket Pet Medicine, and General Medicine and Surgery.
- Excellent mentorship available for newer doctors!
- We encourage Continuing Education and sponsor our doctors to attend various local and national professional meetings.
- There are 6 modern exam rooms, a large hospital waiting and reception area, retail and pet discharge areas all for the convenience of our clients. All exam rooms equipped with MedRx Otoscopes enabling clients to view images of the ear canal.
- Treatment area includes two wet sinks, 2 treatment tables and 8 ICU kennels.
- Our large 3 table surgery suite has positive, laminar flow ventilation.
- Isolation Ward has separate ventilation, temperature controls and entrance/exit if needed.
- Full Idexx In House Laboratory System which is integrated into the latest AVIMark Computer system
- CO2 20W Laser Surgical Unit (Camboro was the first veterinary hospital to purchase in the state of Pennsylvania), Class IV Therapy K-Laser.
- Pentax EPM 3300mFlexible endoscope and Storz rigid fiberoptic, arthro and rhinoscopes.
- Direct Idexx Digital Radiology with computer enhanced images in less than 10 seconds.
- Iso and Sevoflurane anesthesia vaporizers.
- Full Orthopedic equipment for applying pins, plates, screws and/or external stabilization.
- Adipose stem cell regenerative medicine equipment for total in house stem cell procedures.
- Esoate Pie Medical Ultrasound Unit.
ABOUT EDINBORO, PA
Camboro Veterinary Hospital is located in the small semi-rural town of Edinboro, Pennsylvania. Although Edinboro boasts of its own recreational opportunities on Lake Edinboro it is also just 15 miles from the Presque Isle Bay and Presque Isle State Park with its beautiful beaches. Presque Isles Park has miles of guarded sandy beaches, numerous hiking trails, over 14 miles of biking trails and host of other outdoor recreation activities including summer beach concerts and the Flagship Niagara.
Edinboro University along with the Universities at Gannon, Mercyhurst and the Penn State University Behrend Campus provide many social and cultural programs. General McLane was named one of the top 100 schools in the nation. For sport enthusiasts Erie hosts professional sports teams in baseball, football, basketball and hockey! And you can not beat the variety of local college sports. A place for winter skiing (downhill and cross country), snowmobiling, ice fishing and just a place to sit by a warm fire with friends is never hard to find in the colder months.
We take pride in our participation in community events and our philanthropic spirit. Our Relay for Life Team has reached Silver Level. Our sponsorship of Little League, 4-H, School Bands and Special Olympics help fund programs for our area youth. Our own Camboro Pet Olympics and Bark in the Park events raise money for charity.
Being located on Interstate 79 makes our hospital accessible to areas north and south as reflected by our diverse demographics. Camboro is located in the perfect location and is a genuine small town yet has access to the benefits of larger cities. We are equal distance between Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Buffalo and our cost of living is lower than any other large metropolitan area in the state! Our school system is constantly recognized as a leader in our area and one of the finest in the state. And finally, our tradition of strong families and community is supported by numerous church and socially active organizations.
The Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients. Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns. Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort. Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
We reward leadership and excellence with:
- Highly competitive base salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Bonus Program
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Career Growth Opportunities
- In-house Training