College Mall Veterinary Hospital, located outside of Indianapolis, IN, is looking for an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice! We are offering up to a $5,000 sign-on/retention bonus for qualified candidates!
College Mall Veterinary Hospital in Bloomington, IN is a progressive small animal practice with 6 veterinarians. We are equipped to practice high-quality, small animal medicine and surgery, including ultrasonography and digital dental radiographs. Our staff is dedicated to providing competent and compassionate care for our patients. We offer an excellent benefits package and a great work environment!
For more information about our facility and our caring, enthusiastic staff, please visit our website at www.collegemallvet.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
· In-house Idexx laboratory equipment to compliment Idexx send out tests
· Ultrasound and radiograph equipment
· 2 High Speed Dental Units
· Surgical Monitoring equipment, including Pulse Ox, Co2 and EKG
· Digital Dental radiograph equipment
· RVTs on staff
· IV pumps
· Surgical Suite
· Isolation area
· Separate cat hospitalization room
· Avimark computer software on 21 computer workstations
· Free standing, beautifully landscaped hospital building
About Bloomington, IN:
Bloomington is a wonderful college town located in the hills of beautiful Southern Indiana. It has the charm of a small town with the opportunities of a larger city and the proximity of a Big Ten University here. Within 20 minutes in any direction, you can find a state park, lake, or National Forrest for recreational activities. The Jacobs School of Music and the Theatre Department at Indiana University bring talent to our community that allow for professional and civic productions that rival those of much larger metropolitan areas. Our school system is excellent and the Midwest cost of living makes living here affordable. Many come here to go to school at Indiana University and eventually plan to come back to live here… it’s that kind of a town!
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in Indiana.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.