Westside Pet Hospital in Redding, CA is seeking a Part-Time Associate DVM to join our practice.
Westside Pet Hospital is a fully equipped 3 doctor practice in beautiful Redding, California (population 90,000). Located along the I-5, Redding is the last major city on the way to Oregon. Westside is a small animal practice and boarding facility. We provide primary medical and surgical care as well as select orthopedic procedures, chemotherapy and dentistry. Along with traditional medicine, we would be open to utilizing holistic and alternative medicine as part of our treatment regime. We are looking for a dedicated DVM to join our excellent team.
More information at http://www.westsideredding.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- The clinic is a well-designed building with an easy flow reception area, three exam rooms, an open treatment area housing 10 treatment cages with connecting surgery, radiology and grooming suites.
- There is a separate isolation room with 4 cages and a run.
- Boarding facilities include a cat ward with 10 suites and 2 dog wards with a total of 35 runs.
- In house diagnostics include: Chemistry, CBC, Thyroid screening, Urinalysis and sediment, Cytology and Gram staining, fecal evaluation and multiple in house SNAP tests.
- Outside laboratory pickup occurs daily and allows timely specialty testing.
- Digital radiography including digital dental machines.
- Ultrasound (Toshiba Aplio XG) with cardiology capability.
- Isoflourane anesthetic, orthopedic equipment including the necessities for pinning plating and TTA procedures, electrocautery, EKG and pulsoxymetrie monitoring devices.
- 22 inch Flexible Broncoscope
- Fully stocked in-house pharmacy and relations with several compounding pharmacies for specialty medications and formulations.
- Avimark Computer system with capture credit card and signature pads to minimize customer wait time and possible errors.
- Relations with a local mobile veterinary service. We provide diagnostic evaluation such as ultrasound and radiographs as well as performing procedures and surgeries, on a referral basis, that are beyond the capability of the mobile service.
About Redding, CA:
Nestled in the north end of the Sacramento Valley, Westside Pet Hospital is located in Redding, the largest city in Northstate CA above the San Francisco Bay and the Sacramento metropolitan areas. Redding is a great place to live, work, play and vacation. With a cost of living 11% lower than the California average, Redding is the place to live if you like having money left over to plan a trip to your favorite vacation spot or to build your investments. If you’re looking for things to do, take a hiking trip through the National Forests or a stroll around Whiskeytown Lake. The water park is a cool place to visit in the summer heat. It’s only a short trip to explore Mount Shasta, Lassen National Park or you could visit the local casino for a night of fun and chance. There are a wide variety of community activities at the local recreational centers and area churches for adults and children. If you have a specific interest, join one of the local specialty groups ranging from fishing and rock climbing to business and health and a variety of activities in between. The local veterinary society provides opportunities for networking while you accumulate local CE. Redding is a beautiful community with the right combination of urban activity and nature’s harmony.